Michigan Judge Blocks Governor’s Attempt To Forcibly Shut Down Rebel Barber’s Shop – With Videos

In Coronavirus Hoax Economic Devastation, Coronavirus Hoax Tyranny by Darby CrashLeave a Comment

This just days after local militiamen barricaded his doors so the police couldn’t arrest him.

Rise against the coronavirus hoax tyranny, Americans, rise. Think of something to do about it, and do it. Take action. Sue your governor, sue your mayor, open your business, whatever.

LANSING, Mich. – BREAKING: A Shiawassee County judge has denied a state motion to order Manke to close his barber shop.

Owosso barber Karl Manke opened his shop last week. Now according to his legal team he is under attack by Governor Gretchen Whitmer and her administration.

Kallman Legal Group is working for Manke to fight the executive orders.

Here’s a statement from the law group:

The government charged Karl with criminal misdemeanor violations for allegedly violating Governor Whitmer’s Executive Orders (EO). All the EOs issued by the governor after April 30, 2020, however, are illegal and unlawful because the Legislature refused to extend her declared state of emergency past that date. Governor Whitmer’s Director of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Robert Gordon, also improperly issued an “Imminent Danger and Abatement Order” against Mr. Manke on Friday, May 8, 2020. At the direction of the Michigan Attorney General, Dana Nessel, the DHHS Order was personally served on Karl at his barber shop by six Michigan State Police Officers. This order violates the public health code and has not been properly issued.

The Michigan Attorney General’s Office says:

Today, the Shiawassee County Circuit Court denied the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services’ request for a temporary restraining order seeking to have Karl Manke cease all business operations at his Owosso barbershop. The Court wanted to provide Mr. Manke with an opportunity for a hearing on the request for an injunction, despite the clear public health dangers that continued operation of his business creates. The Attorney General’s court action, filed on behalf of MDHHS, seeks to enforce the MDHHS Director’s Public Health Order that deemed Mr. Manke’s business an imminent danger to public health in light of the COVID 19 pandemic and directs him to immediately cease operations at his barbershop. The State is seeking to schedule a hearing as soon as possible.

Background Story On Barber From Fox News: A Michigan barber, who reopened his shop last week in defiance of Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s coronavirus lockdown order, said on “Fox & Friends Weekend” on Sunday that the governor “obviously got a little bit mad” when she kept extending the state’s stay-at-home order.

Karl Manke, 77, said that when Whitmer signed an executive order last week to extend the state’s stay-at-home order through the end of May for nonessential workers, it “just absolutely brought me to my knees.”

He said he “just couldn’t” stay closed since he is a small business owner.

Manke told local media outlets that police had cited him twice for reopening his barbershop in Owosso, where he has cut hair for 60 years. He said he is due in court on June 6.

He said that even though he was issued tickets that could see him face jail time and fines, he will continue working until police arrest him or “until Jesus walks in,” the Flint Journal reported.

Those who violate Whitmer’s order in Michigan can face a 90-day misdemeanor and/or a $500 fine.

“March 21st was the last day that I had worked,” Manke said on Sunday.

“The indication was it would be a couple of weeks,” he added. “And I’m not fine with that, but a lot of the other businesses were still staying open.”

He noted that some businesses were “deemed essential or nonessential by some call. I’m not sure what that was based on.”

“But then a couple of weeks went by, and then they extended it for another couple of weeks,” Manke continued. “And it was about April 30th [when] the legislative branch of our state had decided that the governor was out of order, that she had used up her 28 days and that she could no longer initiate that type of an order. So I planned to go back to work.”

Manke said money has been tight since the shutdown and he can no longer afford to stay closed. Even with the potential consequences, the 77-year-old said he plans on keeping his doors opens.

He has already given dozens of haircuts. Manke has been working as many as 15 hours a day to field the demand for grooming. He wears a mask as he cuts hair, uses an ultraviolet light to sanitize his tools and follows other sanitary measures.

The barber’s defiance has attracted support all across Michigan, with residents showing up for haircuts from Detroit and Muskegon, a nearly two-hour drive, The Argus-Presse reported. Supporters showed up outside the shop Wednesday, waving flags and honking horns.

“Obviously she [Whitmer] has no concept at all, the damage that she’s doing to our state and to families,” Manke said on Sunday.

Whitmer drew national attention for enacting some of the strictest measures to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus. Many protesters claimed that the governor overstepped her authority by temporarily banning most travel between homes, sales of items such as garden supplies and activities including some types of fishing.

Whitmer’s executive order came one day after state lawmakers filed a lawsuit to compel her to reopen the economy following her extension of the state’s coronavirus emergency declaration. The lawsuit capped off weeks of protests that featured armed demonstrators at the state Capitol.

Despite frustration over an economy in freefall, the Democratic governor cautioned that Michigan is “not out of the woods yet.”

The order’s extension through May 28 means that Michiganders cannot leave their home except “to run critical errands, to engage in safe outdoor activities or go to specified jobs.”